Friday 11 June 2021

Future Friday: Upcoming Bad Squiddo Fantasy Kickstarter

 
A couple of weeks ago, I put in an order to Bad Squiddo to get some more tufts. I'd tried a new earth recipe I quite liked for the Unicorn I'd painted, but wanted some lighter tufts to go with it. When the package arrived, I was surprised to find a miniature there as well - and one I didn't recognise.


I contacted Annie, and she said that it was a miniature for her upcoming Fantasy Kickstarter. She also confirmed that I was OK to show it to people...


Obviously, it wouldn't be OK to just show people the bare metal - Annie is perfectly capable of showing people that herself. So, this mysterious archer jumped to the top of my painting queue.


If you've not painted Bad Squiddo models before, they're not super detailed, but very much hand sculpted models that are designed to take washes (and thus Contrast Paint) very well. I went with an assortment of greens for this archer, making her a bit of a ranger type.


I am really keen about her. So keen, in fact, that this last photo is not the same as the top photo, but one taken from an ever so slightly different angle, and I couldn't decide which one I liked more!

Annie hasn't announced when the next Bad Squiddo Kickstarter is yet. If you're super keen to be in on this one, probably the best way of making sure you know about it is to sign up to the Bad Squiddo Newsletter

4 comments:

  1. Lovely mini! Liking the red hair, really striking with the green clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I felt she needed a spot colour that brown or yellow hair just wouldn't have managed.

      Delete
  2. Nice work. I do like figures from Bad Squiddo, so I'll be checking the Kickstarter out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm really rather excited about it, but have no inside information about what's in it or when it is!

      Delete